Blueberry Fun Festival
UPDATE on 2020:
It is with sadness we announce that the Blueberry Fun Festival for 2020 has been cancelled; but, the Fruitland 5K will still be held. We look forward to the festival every year and all of you who come to enjoy the food and festivities. We thank you for your support and participation over the years.
It was a difficult decision, but with over 1,000 people typically in attendance we did not think we could safely follow the CDC and MI recommendations. So, for your health and safety, or as we say, out of love for neighbor we made the hard decision of cancelling this year’s festival.
Some things to know:
- The 2021 Blueberry Fun Festival will be July 31, 2021
- We will be sending refunds to all craft vendors
- The Fruitland 5K will still be held; sign up here: https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/Whitehall/FruitlandTrailRun
An annual event that hundreds look forward to, this year’s Blueberry Fun Festival will be held on July 25, 2020 from 8am – 1pm.
- Pancake Breakfast – Pancakes (blueberry or plain), sausages, juice, coffee – $7 for adults, $3 for children
- FREE Kids’ Activities – inflatables, petting zoo, penny scramble by White Lake Fire Authority, blueberry harvester on display
- 5K trail run: our 5th annual, a great course that winds through the pines behind the church property. For more information about the race and to sign up: https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/Whitehall/FruitlandTrailRun
- Craft and Vendor Booths (if you are a vendor and are interested – click here for a booth registration)
- Live Entertainment
- Baked Good Sales
- Popcorn & Beverage Tent
- Fresh Blueberries for Sale
This is a wonderful family event – come on out and join us.
Check out more pictures and info on Facebook:
For more information, call the church office, 231-766-3871 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
HISTORY: In 1995 Fruitland Township started the first Blueberry Festival and asked Fruitland Evangelical Covenant Church to serve the breakfast. About 300 People were served that first year. Over the years the numbers grew to about 1,000 -1,200 people served for about a 3-4 year time period. In 2009, decided to not continue hosting the Festival. So in 2010 Fruitland Covenant Church decided to take on the task of hosting the Blueberry Fun Festival and moved the location to our church where it is still held today. Since moving to the church, the Festival has grown, with more offerings, adding a 5K in 2014, and serving over 1,000 people for the last three years.
Check out some of the fun in the gallery of pictures below:
THE BLUEBERRY FUN FESTIVAL ON FACEBOOK: